Klipsch’s new T5 II True Wireless ANC earphones have a couple of key feature highlights. Not only are they the company’s first earbuds with active noise canceling, but they have head-gesture controls “powered by Bragi embedded AI,” according to Klipsch. They’re available in copper, gunmetal or silver colors for $299 (£299, AU$429) and also come in a McLaren Edition version for $349 (£379, AU$499).
For those who don’t remember, Bragi was a startup that made early “smart” true-wireless earbuds — including the Bragi Dash and — before Apple’s AirPods came to dominate the market. In 2019, Bragi sold off its device business (Amazon’s first Echo Buds looked suspiciously like Bragi earbuds) and has since evolved into a software platform for true-wireless earbuds with its Bragi OS. Klipsch and Skullcandy are customers.
This new model features essentially the same design as thebut adds active noise canceling, Dirac HD Sound technology (Klipsch says it delivers clearer, richer sound) and the aforementioned Bragi AI, which allows you to do such things as answer a call by nodding your head. The standard T5 II True Wireless and T5 II True Wireless Sport , making them a nice value.
Here’s a look at the T5 II True Wireless ANC’s key specs, according Klipsch. I should get a review sample in the coming weeks and will let you know how good the sound and noise-canceling are, as well as how well these working for making calls.
- Dual-mic noise cancellation utilizes one microphone aimed at the outside and another in front of the speaker for maximum noise cancellation.
- Built-in Bragi operating system allows for hands-free, gesture-controlled experiences with Bragi Moves. New functionality can be enabled over the life of the product.
- Integrated Dirac HD Sound technology optimizes sound performance digitally for clearer, richer and more balanced sound
- Charge wirelessly using any Qi-compatible charging pad or use the included USB-C cable
- Up to seven hours of battery life (five hours with ANC), 21 hours in case (15 hours with ANC)
- IPX4 splashproof
- Price: $299 or $349 for McLaren Edition